Field Report - 13th May 2007 - Changi Boardwalk
Sorry for not been updating this GIRL Field Report regularly as I need to gather quite a few shots to compile my report. Apologies.
Date : 13th May 2007
Location : Changi Boardwalk
How to get there :
1. Take Bus 2, 59 or 109 and alight at Changi Bus Interchange
Other Information :
Information from myonlinetutor.com
Location using Streetdirectory.com
After alighting from Bus 109 at Changi Bus Interchange, I decide to take my breakfast at the nearby hawker centre at Blk 2 before I start off my Boardwalk recce.

Walking across the carpark, I arrived at my starting point of my exploration journey.


My first location is at Changi Beach Park. Crossing over a narrow bridge, I got onto the other side where I can see families having picnic while others fishing down there.



After a while walking around Changi Beach Park, I decided to move on to the Boardwalk trails.

At first, the weather is not that good, but luckily as the time passes by, the golden sun is shining bright onto the Boardwalk which lit the trails with it golden ray.

Even thought I got my tripod with me, I still prefer to take my own shadow portrait rather than a portrait of myself.

As I move along, I saw a small resting hut for people to take shelter from the basking sun.

Inside this shelter hut, I can observe some ferry boats that are used to transport people to Puala Ubin.

After I rested enough, I decided to move fro.

As I slowly walk away, I look back at the small hut and the lone withered tree that kept it accompany all these while...

After walking for a while, I saw a directional sign which indicate that the stretch that I have been walking from is known as Beach Walk.

I continue with my walking to the next stretch which is known as the Sail Point Walk.

As I continue to walk, I saw an unexpected visitor... A Monitor Lizard.

I decided to leave our unexpected guest alone to enjoy his/her afternoon and continue moving on. After a while, I hit another directional sign which indicate that I have already travelled more than 1km...

I proceed on further along the Sail Point Walk and continue my recce mission.

Along this stretch of Sail Point Walk, I can see some of the private owned sail boats and sea sports equipment which is a must for sea sports lovers...



At this point, if we want a shorter route for an IR Outing, this stretch will be our final destination as walking back to the previous hawker centre may take a while. However, if we decide to proceed onwards, there will be more things to explore along the Cliff Walk.

The Cliff Walk is a must for macro lovers as the thick vegetation is home to alot of insects, too bad I didn't bring my macro kit today...

The Cliff Walk will lead to another 2 trails known as Cranwell Walk and Kelong Walk.

A little map will be useful for this case.

I decided to take the Kelong Walk trail and the scenery is breath-taking.

I can hear birds singing beautifully which makes me wonder what bird is that...

Along the Kelong strech, I can see the Changi Beach Club and a lot of fishermen.


As I walked further down, I came to another directional sign which indicate the road leading forward is known as Sunset Walk.

Sunset Walk is quite a quiet and peaceful stetch.

As I continue walking down this stretch, I then realise that it is the final stretch of the Changi Boardwalk.


I have pretty much walked the entire stretch of the Changi Boardwalk and now it is time to head back to the Changi Bus Interchange.


As I was on my way out of Boardwalk, I saw something very interesting... A Paradise Tree Snake feasting on a gecko.



I slowly drag my feet as I am really tired from walking. I walk and saw that I need to travel another 1km more to reach Changi Village which is really tiring on a hot sunny day.

As I walked and walked, I passed by a few bus stop, but I don't want to take a bus as I like to explore more of this area. When I passed by the Changi Sailing Club, I saw an old rundown building... It is the infamous Old Changi Hospital... I don't recommend exploring this place as I heard that there are some security measures aroudn that place.


After passing the Old Changi Hospital, I am very close to Changi Village. This marks the end of my recce trip. But before I end here, just to share some of my IR shots taken today.





Abstract/Still Life : 7/10
Landscape and Cityscape : 7/10
Portrait and Poses : Not Really Applicable, but can use the nature surrounding background for model or wedding shoot.
Reportage/Sports : Not Really Applicable, but can see people learning sailing and so on
Macro/Close-up : 7/10
World of Nature : 8/10 (Recommended)
Overall Conclusion:
The Landscape around Changi Boardwalk is ideal for IR Shoot. This place is a must for natural lovers and a good place to find birds. The macro collection is quite interesting and maybe should be able to find some good Macro subjects. The overall nature surrounding is really beautiful which can be use as background for wedding and model shoot especially at Kelong Walk stretch.
Date : 13th May 2007
Location : Changi Boardwalk
How to get there :
1. Take Bus 2, 59 or 109 and alight at Changi Bus Interchange
Other Information :
Information from myonlinetutor.com
Location using Streetdirectory.com
After alighting from Bus 109 at Changi Bus Interchange, I decide to take my breakfast at the nearby hawker centre at Blk 2 before I start off my Boardwalk recce.

Walking across the carpark, I arrived at my starting point of my exploration journey.


My first location is at Changi Beach Park. Crossing over a narrow bridge, I got onto the other side where I can see families having picnic while others fishing down there.



After a while walking around Changi Beach Park, I decided to move on to the Boardwalk trails.

At first, the weather is not that good, but luckily as the time passes by, the golden sun is shining bright onto the Boardwalk which lit the trails with it golden ray.

Even thought I got my tripod with me, I still prefer to take my own shadow portrait rather than a portrait of myself.

As I move along, I saw a small resting hut for people to take shelter from the basking sun.

Inside this shelter hut, I can observe some ferry boats that are used to transport people to Puala Ubin.

After I rested enough, I decided to move fro.

As I slowly walk away, I look back at the small hut and the lone withered tree that kept it accompany all these while...

After walking for a while, I saw a directional sign which indicate that the stretch that I have been walking from is known as Beach Walk.

I continue with my walking to the next stretch which is known as the Sail Point Walk.

As I continue to walk, I saw an unexpected visitor... A Monitor Lizard.

I decided to leave our unexpected guest alone to enjoy his/her afternoon and continue moving on. After a while, I hit another directional sign which indicate that I have already travelled more than 1km...

I proceed on further along the Sail Point Walk and continue my recce mission.

Along this stretch of Sail Point Walk, I can see some of the private owned sail boats and sea sports equipment which is a must for sea sports lovers...



At this point, if we want a shorter route for an IR Outing, this stretch will be our final destination as walking back to the previous hawker centre may take a while. However, if we decide to proceed onwards, there will be more things to explore along the Cliff Walk.

The Cliff Walk is a must for macro lovers as the thick vegetation is home to alot of insects, too bad I didn't bring my macro kit today...

The Cliff Walk will lead to another 2 trails known as Cranwell Walk and Kelong Walk.

A little map will be useful for this case.

I decided to take the Kelong Walk trail and the scenery is breath-taking.

I can hear birds singing beautifully which makes me wonder what bird is that...

Along the Kelong strech, I can see the Changi Beach Club and a lot of fishermen.


As I walked further down, I came to another directional sign which indicate the road leading forward is known as Sunset Walk.

Sunset Walk is quite a quiet and peaceful stetch.

As I continue walking down this stretch, I then realise that it is the final stretch of the Changi Boardwalk.


I have pretty much walked the entire stretch of the Changi Boardwalk and now it is time to head back to the Changi Bus Interchange.


As I was on my way out of Boardwalk, I saw something very interesting... A Paradise Tree Snake feasting on a gecko.



I slowly drag my feet as I am really tired from walking. I walk and saw that I need to travel another 1km more to reach Changi Village which is really tiring on a hot sunny day.

As I walked and walked, I passed by a few bus stop, but I don't want to take a bus as I like to explore more of this area. When I passed by the Changi Sailing Club, I saw an old rundown building... It is the infamous Old Changi Hospital... I don't recommend exploring this place as I heard that there are some security measures aroudn that place.


After passing the Old Changi Hospital, I am very close to Changi Village. This marks the end of my recce trip. But before I end here, just to share some of my IR shots taken today.





Abstract/Still Life : 7/10
Landscape and Cityscape : 7/10
Portrait and Poses : Not Really Applicable, but can use the nature surrounding background for model or wedding shoot.
Reportage/Sports : Not Really Applicable, but can see people learning sailing and so on
Macro/Close-up : 7/10
World of Nature : 8/10 (Recommended)
Overall Conclusion:
The Landscape around Changi Boardwalk is ideal for IR Shoot. This place is a must for natural lovers and a good place to find birds. The macro collection is quite interesting and maybe should be able to find some good Macro subjects. The overall nature surrounding is really beautiful which can be use as background for wedding and model shoot especially at Kelong Walk stretch.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home